Friday 13 December 2013

Bharati Kannamma - 4

    This post is about Bharati imagining Kannamma as his child , This is one of the finest piece of Bharati, I know many people who shed tears hearing this song, It is written in such a emotional and beautiful way, I am dedicating this post to my mom, not only because she likes this poetry also because she taught me Tamil and made me feel proud for knowing Tamil .


சின்னஞ் சிறு கிளியே - கண்ணம்மா!
செல்வக் களஞ்சியமே!
என்னைக் கலி தீர்த்தே - உலகில்
ஏற்றம் புரிய வந்தாய்!


Hey little parrot, ( parrot refers to the baby's musical voice ) Kannamma you are my treasure, You came into this world only to make me happy, only to fulfill my life ...





பிள்ளைக் கனியமுதே - கண்ணம்மா
பேசும்பொற் சித்திரமே!
அள்ளி யணைத்திடவே - என் முன்னே
ஆடி வருந்தேனே!


Kannamma my child, you are so sweet like fruits dipped in honey , You are a speaking portrait ( Portrait which speaks), that too a golden portrait, I feel like embracing you , You walk so gentle like stream of honey ...


ஓடி வருகையில் - கண்ணம்மா
உள்ளங் குளிரு தடீ!
ஆடித்திரிதல் கண்டால் - உன்னைப்போய்
ஆவி தழுவு தடீ!


When you come towards me Kannamma, i get chills (i am amazed), When i see you dance merrily, my soul goes and hugs you ....


உச்சி தனை முகந்தால் - கருவம்
ஓங்கி வளரு தடீ!
மெச்சி யுனை யூரார் - புகழ்ந்தால்
மேனி சிலிர்க்கு தடீ 

When i kiss your forehead, i feel very proud , when people praise you i get goosebumps !!

கன்னத்தில் முத்தமிட்டால் - உள்ளந்தான்
கள்வெறி கொள்ளு தடீ!
உன்னைத் தழுவிடிலோ - கண்ணம்மா
உன்மத்த மாகு தடீ! 




When i kiss your cheeks, I feel intoxicated, When i hug you i feel delighted !!!

சற்றுன் முகஞ் சிவந்தால் - மனது
சஞ்சல மாகு தடீ!
நெற்றி சுருங்கக் கண்டால் - எனக்கு
நெஞ்சம் பதைக்கு தடீ!

If your face turns red even due to little worry, my heart gets disturbed, when i see your forehead shrunk my heart palpitates, (i get worried)


உன்கண்ணில் நீர்வழிந்தால் - என்நெஞ்சில்
உதிரங் கொட்டு தடீ!
என் கண்ணிற் பாவையன்றோ? - கண்ணம்மா!
என்னுயிர் நின்ன தன்றோ?

When tear drops shed from your eyes, i shed blood  from my heart , because you are light of my life 
and my life is yours Kannamma !!



சொல்லு மழலையிலே - கண்ணம்மா!
துன்பங்கள் தீர்த்திடு வாய்;
முல்லைச் சிரிப்பாலே - எனது
மூர்க்கந் தவிர்த்திடு வாய்.

In listening to your childish words Kannamma, my miseries vanishes, In your beautiful smile you keep me away from ignorance !!


இன்பக் கதைக ளெல்லாம் - உன்னைப்போல்
ஏடுகள் சொல்வ துண்டோ?

அன்பு தருவதிலே - உனைநேர்

ஆகுமோர் தெய்வ முண்டோ


No Epics or books tells happy stories like you, Even god wont give love to me like you do !!

மார்பில் அணிவதற்கே -உன்னைப்போல்
வைர மணிக ளுண்டோ?
சீர்பெற்று வாழ்வதற்கே -உன்னைப் போல்
செல்வம் பிறிது முண்டோ

Are there any diamond or precious stones to wear in my chest like you, to live a happy live is there any other wealth rather than you ??

P.s You can listen to this song by clicking this link,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRwBqZyGVxw its marvelous piece by Shwetha Mohan.

4 comments: