Saturday 14 December 2013

Clone

                   I was studying grade 3, when that incident happened, like every mom, my mom also wanted me to join classical dance class, i too joined with excitement, after going to dance class i came to know that it was not as easy as i thought, I had to undergo a lot of struggle, First thing was my hair, I was almost looking like boy while girls in my class was having long hair, not that i can't grow hair but my curly hair was very hard to maintain so i had no other go rather than trimming my hair as often as possible, this created a greater inferiority complex in my mind, My class girls where already somewhere in alarippu and jatiswaram while i was starting thatadavu, so i was practicing with kids who are younger than me while my class girls didn't even have time to notice a pathetic young girl, this made me feel even low, so finally i got courage and said my mom that i can't go to dance class anymore, she regretted little but accepted later. But my passion for dance never went away, though i didn't learn Bharatanatyam then till my 5th grade (i got little courage then) i used to see other girls dance everyday, It was my dream to see a live performance from that age... 

                Meanwhile when i grew up my passion towards Bharatanatyam too grew, though i never told it, I always had great love for that art , Also my dream to see live performance grew with me ...
My school kids used to perform Solo Bharatanatyam on school annual days but i didnt get enough of it, i wanted to see a legend perform.. 

               Sometimes i used to think about the day how i would feel when i sit in the front row to see Shobana or Sudhachandran or Padma Subramanyam perform before me...

              Though it never happened, i have seen nearly 8-9 live performances of various dancers till date, but my dream didn't stop there now i wanted to see other classical dance forms also like Mohiniattam, Katakali, Odissi, Kattak also my dream to see Shobana perform is throbbing my heart still..



               While checking December season timetable, i noticed that on 28 th of this month there is a performance of Odissi in one sabha, i should have stopped searching there but i didn't ( i am regretting for that now), then i came to know that on the same day in another sabha Mohiniattam will be performed, atleast then i should have stopped searching but i didn't, and then finally i noticed that on the same day , same time but in different sabha Shobana is performing ...Now my mind is wavering what program to watch? i actually wanna watch all the three programs now ... I know i can watch only one program but ....I wish i get cloned !!

4 comments:

  1. Many of us would wish to be cloned if it was so easy ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Know why u wanna get cloned Ethon anyways thanks for commenting !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If u r cloned thn hw cud u be present in places u wish.. It s only the physical presence nd not mentally.. right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah i know its just imagination madam !! logical thinking is boring while being poetic dear ...

      Delete